1. Default Live Migration of vm error Internal error: Storage_interface.Internal_error

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of trying to migrate a vm from a xenserver 6.1 clustes of 2 host to a 2 host 6.2 cluster. All other VM have migrated across without any issues for the exception of one vm.

The VM is a 2 virtual disk environment disk 0 120gb and disk 1 200gb, 8Gb mem, windows server 2008 r2 and visualization state: Optimized (version 6.1 installed) and one disk only snapshot.

Once i start the live migration it gets to about 17 minute process an it fails with this error:

Oct 24, 2014 6:16:26 AM Error: Migrating VM 'chf7srvvmgrntr' from 'chf7srvxcenhst02' to 'chf7srvxcenhst04' - Internal error: Storage_interface.Internal_error("Storage_interfac e.Internal_error(\"Storage_interface.Internal_erro r(\\\"Storage_interface.Backend_error(_)\\\")\")")

the to and from storage are as follow:
    Cluster 1 iSCSI vd-0 CHFMD3200 Size: 573.4 GB used of 3904.5 GB total (481.6 GB allocated)
    Cluster 2 iSCSI vd-2 CHFMD3200 size: 2859.6 GB used of 3346.7 GB total (2428.8 GB allocated)

Is someone able to shed some light on the issue, is it space available on my destination which currently is sitting at 82% used

Thanks

Pablo

If you have the space, clone the VM on the same storage and migrate the clone. You may be able to export the snapshot and then delete it as well. The snapshot is most likely what's causing the issue.
    Brian Welchel
    CTXSupport.com