1. Exclamation Power Management in Xendesktop...can you help me please?

Can any one explain me Power management settings in Xendesktop 5?

I have a pooled catalog having 20 machines, i want to make sure that 6 machines will be available for the users at any time. If any of the machine is occupied by user session, i want to bring one machine to online (till then machine should be in either Maintenance/Powered off), so always 6 machines will be available even if any of the machine is in Use.

Is there any setting to move the machine which is in READY state for some period of time to "Powered Off" state when "Power On/off machines" is set to green for whole day under Power mangement.

XenDesktop uses buffers to set the idle machine count, with the default being 10% if I recall correctly. In your case setting the buffer to 30% should do exactly what you are looking for.

Use the following command to configure the buffer:

Set-BrokerDesktopGroup <Your Desktop Group> -PeakBufferSizePercent <Percent of desktops for buffer>

Example: Set-BrokerDesktopGroup TB_Group -PeakBufferSizePercent 10

The default buffer is 10 percent (As for the 100 desktops example, the buffer would be 10 desktops). Two buffer values exist: PeakBufferSizePercent and OffPeakBufferSizePercent

The buffer setting is very similar to the old Idle Desktop setting of XenDesktop 4. Therefore, when set to 10 desktops, XenDesktop always tries to keep 10 virtual machines running idle and shuts down and powers on virtual machines accordingly.

The total number of desktops powered on at a certain time depends on the load, for example:

100 virtual machines in a desktop group.
    Power Management set to 20 virtual machines + Buffer set to 10 percent. This means 20 virtual machines are running when no users are connected.
    When 5 users log in, still 20 virtual machines are running, because the available buffer is still above the threshold of 10 percent
    When 10 users log in, still 20 virtual machines are running, because the available buffer is equal the threshold of 10 percent
    When 15 users log in, 25 virtual machines are running, because the buffer dropped below 10 percent and it had to start an additional 5 virtual machines to restore the 10 percent buffer
    Brian Welchel
    CTXSupport.com

More info. http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX133246 I'll admit it was much nicer in XenDesktop 4.
    Brian Welchel
    CTXSupport.com